Return to Coaching Community Grant
This grant aims to support Ontario coaches and participants with the tools they need to get back on the playing field, while keeping safety top of mind.
Sport plays a vital role in our communities, and has been sorely missed over the past year. While we are very excited at the prospect of resuming play, we also recognize that there will be new costs (including: PPE, individual equipment, and more) that many coaches will be responsible for in order to keep themselves and their athletes safe.
This fund aims to offset some of these coach expenses, so that a safe return to sport remains accessible for all Ontarians.
- Up to $2,000 per applicant
- Sport coaches in Ontario
- Open to coaches of all levels and contexts of sport in Ontario (i.e., community, competitive, high performance)
Examples of Eligible Expenses
- Personal protective equipment (i.e., masks, sanitizer, gloves)
- New equipment for your team to reduce sharing (in accordance with public health guidelines)
- Venue/playing field rentals
- Safety training
- Any other expenses that you as the coach can demonstrate directly contribute to a safe return to your sport environment
- Applications open June 10, 2021
- Applications close August 8, 2021
- Recipients notified September 1, 2021
Full Program Guidelines
Interested in a SafeSport Grant?