Return to Coaching Community Grant
The 2022 Return to Coaching Community Grant is OPEN from June 9, 2022 – July 6, 2022.
This grant aims to support Ontario coaches and participants with the tools they need as we continue returning to the playing field, while keeping safety top of mind.
This fund aims to offset some of the safety-related expenses for coaches (including: training, equipment, and more) so that returning to sport remains safe and accessible for all Ontarians.
- Up to $1,000 per applicant
- Individual sport coaches in Ontario
- Open to coaches of all levels and contexts of sport in Ontario (i.e., community, competitive, high performance)
- Sport organizations in Ontario applying on behalf of a group of coaches within an organization directly benefitting from the funds
Examples of Eligible Expenses
- Safety training (i.e., NCCP training, other safety focused training either eLearning or in-person, consultant/speaker delivering a workshop)
- New equipment for your team to replace outdated and unsafe equipment (i.e., replacing mats/nets/racquets/balls/sport specific equipment needed for safety purposes such as gloves, pads, helmets, etc.)
- Any other expenses that you can demonstrate directly contribute to the resumption of a safe return to your sport environment
Past expenses incurred PRIOR to acceptance, if applicable, are not eligible.
Expenses must be incurred during the grant period of August 4, 2022 – March 31, 2023 and proof of purchase is required.
- Applications open June 9, 2022
- Applications close July 6, 2022
- Recipients notified August 3, 2022
- Grant expenses incurred between August 4, 2022 – March 31, 2023
Full Program Guidelines
See the full list of the 2021 grant recipients HERE.
Start Your Application